Changes & Transitions in Your 40s and 50s: Finding Clarity and Wellbeing in Times of Change
- Discover which areas of your life need attention, gain insights about your strengths and challenges in dealing with change, and begin to strategize about next steps.
- Create a strategy for effectively navigating your change.
- Recognize habits of mind that undermine you and learn practices to disengage from their influence.
- Identify your values and intentions so you have a basis for making wise decisions.
Phillip Moffitt occupies a unique position in the world of mindful living and leadership. With the astute business acumen honed during his years as a media entrepreneur combined with the deep wisdom about inner development cultivated over the past 30 years as a meditation practitioner and teacher, Phillip brings unparalleled insights and strategic vision to those seeking to lead authentic, purposeful lives.
Phillip was Editor-in-Chief and CEO of Esquire and led the turnaround of the magazine in the 1980s. After leaving his publishing enterprise, he devoted himself to studying and practicing Theravada Buddhism and is now a nationally known teacher of mindfulness meditation. He served as Co-Guiding Teacher at Spirit Rock Meditation Center from 2010 - 2018.
Phillip is also the president and founder of Life Balance Institute where he trains individuals and groups in the principles of values-based leadership and living. His clients come from a diverse cross section of profit and non-profit companies. Phillip is the author of Dancing with Life, Emotional Chaos to Clarity, and Awakening Through the Nine Bodies.
This event is presented by the University of Minnesota’s Earl E. Bakken Center for Spirituality & Healing and the Life Balance Institute.
November 2 - 4, 2018
Friday, Nov 2: 7:00 - 9:30 PM
Saturday, Nov 3: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM, includes a break for lunch
Sunday, Nov 4: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Mayo Meditation Space
420 Delaware Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Mindfulness Programs
- Wellbeing Experience with Dessa and Dr. Mary Jo Kreitzer
- Ruth Stricker Mind-Body Lecture
- Special Guest Lectures and Presentations
- Stress Busters: Free Stress-Reduction Classes for Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Changes & Transitions in Your 40s and 50s: Finding Clarity and Wellbeing in Times of Change