Wellbeing Experience with Dessa and Dr. Mary Jo Kreitzer
Friday, November 16, 2018
What to Expect:
The Wellbeing Experience will be an exciting evening, and will feature talks from international wellbeing expert Dr. Mary Jo Kreitzer and Minneapolis rapper, singer, and author Dessa. Dessa will also be performing live music during her portion of the program, and will be accompanied by Aby Wolf and Matthew Santos.
Prior to the talks, don't miss out on an awesome indoor wellbeing festival! We’ll have live music from local artists, food trucks, aromatherapy, acupuncture, massage, therapy animals, yoga, Reiki, health coaching, engaging opportunities with our sponsors, and even an indoor forest! Best yet, this festival is free and open to the public – all you have to do is arrive! More details about vendors and artists below.
5 – 6:45 pm: Wellbeing Experience Indoor Festival at Northrop
7 – 9ish pm: Talks by Dessa and Mary Jo Kreitzer, musical performances by Dessa, interactive question/answer with MPR’s Kate Moos
Tickets are only $30 for the general public, and students from any university can purchase tickets for $10.
Mary Jo Kreitzer
Global Flourishing: Igniting Change Through Personal Wellbeing
Looking through the lens of wellbeing, Dr. Kreitzer will challenge us to become catalysts for change in our personal lives – and the world around us.
Greater than the Greatest Good?
What, if anything, do we appraise as more valuable than happiness? How do our ideas about purpose and authentic experience inform our understanding of well-being? Drawing from philosophy, published research, and her own experience as a touring musician, Dessa talks about happiness, meaning, art, and the drive to lead a self-determined life.
We have so many activities for you to experience. Arrive at 5 so you can explore them all!
- Hand and chair massages from Northwestern Health Sciences University students
- Acupuncture from Selby Acupuncture
- Indoor nature experience - including therapy animals, pop-up forests, and indoor landscapes from the Center's Nature-Based Therapies program
- Blood pressure checks by M Health
- Financial security workshops/talk with LSS Financial Counseling
- Health Coaching mini-sessions with alumni from the Center's Health Coaching program
- Reiki sessions led by Center faculty
- Book sales by Magers & Quinn
- So much more!
This event couldn't happen without our sponsors. Stop by their tables at the event to learn all about the organizations that make this event possible!
Special thanks to our lead sponsor, Sunrise Banks.
- Boynton Health Services
- Office of Student Affairs
- College of Continuing Education & Professional Studies
- College of Design
- College of Education & Human Development
- Medical School
- School of Nursing
- University Recreation and Wellness Center
- Office of Human Resources
- School of Dentistry