Wellbeing & Resilience for Physicians Online Program
Burnout is a critical issue among physicians. Those experiencing burnout are more likely to develop alcohol abuse/dependence, and are at an increased risk of developing depression and suicidal ideation. Physicians die by suicide at two times the rate of the general population and have a depression rate of 39%. 24% of ICU nurses tested positive for symptoms of PTSD, and there is a 23-31% prevalence rate of emotional exhaustion among primary care nurses. While much needs to be done at the organizational level to foster cultures of wellbeing, it is essential for individual physicians to cultivate their own personal wellbeing and resilience. This six-week, mobile-platform based foundational program builds the skills to do just that. The program was developed with input from health care leaders and can be accessed anytime, anywhere - while going for a run, on the commute to work, or while relaxing at home.
- Surviving the Challenges of the Healthcare Environment
- Mindfulness for Wellbeing
- Lifestyle Change: How to Get Unstuck
- Working with Thoughts and Emotions
- Discovering Purpose, Meaning and Joy
- Relationships and Resilience
Each week's activities will take you about 45 minutes to complete.
- Listen to an interview with an expert
- Learn easy strategies to try on the job
- Develop skills that will become second nature over time
- Review key points
In addition, each week we will provide PDFs of material you can save or print for future use, along with other interesting resources to pursue if you are interested.
The program cost for our online Wellbeing & Resilience program is $139.
- The Wellbeing Series
- Mindfulness Programs
- Ruth Stricker Mind-Body Lecture
- Special Guest Lectures and Presentations
- Stress Busters: Free Stress-Reduction Classes for Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Free Webinars
- Wellbeing & Resilience for Health Professionals Online Program
- Wellbeing & Resilience for Physicians Online Program