CSPH 3101 - Creating Ecosystems of Wellbeing
This course focuses on information, practices, and tools that enable individuals and communities to build capacity for wellbeing. Students will examine factors and ecosystems that contribute to health happiness and wellbeing, develop a personal plan for health and wellbeing, and participate in a group project to design an ecosystemic plan to create the highest possible wellbeing for a community.
At the conclusion of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the social determinants of health.
- Discuss the importance of taking personal responsibility for health, happiness and wellbeing.
- Describe the impact of diet, exercise, stress management, social connections, spirituality, self-care practices and the environment on health outcomes.
- Apply knowledge and tools of lifestyle medicine in creating a personal wellbeing map.
- Evaluate the impact of social structures, social networks, the local community and environment on ecosystems of wellbeing.