CSPH 5807 - Mindfulness in the Workplace
Mindfulness in the Workplace is an experiential course designed to teach core mindfulness skills while also exploring specific applications to the workplace setting. The course will explore key mindfulness traits and how they relate to essential workplace skills, such as resilience, task execution, critical analysis, intra/interpersonal growth and leadership. In addition, the course will explore existing workplace programs and how corporate culture can be a barrier or a catalyst for adoption of mindfulness principles. By exploring the above topics from the perspective of the workplace and academic literature, students will gain an understanding of how to practically apply evidence-based techniques to help them succeed on the job.
- Define mindfulness considering its various operational and scholarly definitions
- Identify the challenges of the modern workplace and devise practical mindfulness strategies to address these challenges
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the key mindfulness traits relevant to the workplace
- Discuss how mindfulness relates to resilience, task execution, critical analysis, intra/interpersonal growth and leadership.
- Identify key components of existing mindfulness programs and how corporate culture can hinder or accelerate adoption of mindfulness principles.
- Develop a mindfulness routine by completing the regular out-of-class practice