CSPH 1001 - Principles of Health and Wellbeing
This course is offered completely online.
This course explores models of health and wellbeing, investigating the interconnection of our body, mind, and spirit, as well as our connections with other people and the environment. Students will read popular and scholarly articles and watch videos on aspects of health and wellbeing. Students will also practice short weekly wellbeing activities and apply learnings to their own and societal health and wellbeing.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify wellbeing principles and practices
- Describe ways in which wellbeing principles and practices are being incorporated into American healthcare delivery systems and culture
- Incorporate wellbeing principles and practices to improve your personal health and wellbeing
- Apply research evidence to assess benefit and risk when making personal decisions around health practices or therapies.
- Expand awareness and openness to diverse perspectives and approaches to health.