CSPH 5535 - Reiki Healing
History, principles, precepts, and practical application of Reiki energy healing. Alternative energy healing modalities, current research findings. Activation of the Reiki energy, hand positions to perform a treatment. Students provide Reiki treatments, discuss findings.
- Define Reiki and its origins as a healing tradition.
- List the 5 principles of Reiki and how this impacts and guides the Reiki practitioner.
- Describe the practical application of the 2 precepts of Reiki.
- Describe the three levels of the Reiki Method of Natural Healing, including the education, capabilities, and application of the Reiki practitioner.
- Articulate an understanding of the holistic nature of healing.
- Identify the 7 primary chakras and describe their relationship to Reiki healing.
- Discuss the physical and metaphysical healing properties of Reiki and how this can be used to treat a variety of health related problems.
- Understand and demonstrate the techniques used for providing an abbreviated and full Reiki treatment.
- Articulate an understanding of the role of the Reiki practitioner in reporting findings to clients.
- Understand the scientific basis for Reiki healing.
- Discuss research findings on the use, outcome measures, and efficacy of Reiki as a treatment modality.
- Access additional resources to further understanding of Reiki healing.
Section also available as part of the Center's Study Abroad Program in Hawaii.