CSPH 5631 - Healing Imagery I
In this course you will learn how imagery and imagery interventions are implemented for healing, and to promote health and well-being. You will experience a wide variety of imagery interventions in class and work on creating your own imagery interventions. The primary instructional strategies that will be utilized for this course include: experiential, discussions, readings, lecture and individual learning interventions.
At the conclusion of the course you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast theoretical orientations and differential characteristics of various types
- of imagery.
- Analyze and critique current research incorporating imagery interventions and the outcomes
- associated with the research.
- Identify how imagery in healing is utilized with various clinical populations.
- Identify theories and assumptions underlying the scientific basis of selected imagery interventions
- Explore and experience the various physiological and psychological responses to imagery and the various sensory systems involved in the imagery experience.
Section also available as part of the Center's Study Abroad Program in Hawaii.