CSPH 5704 - Business of Health Coaching
This is a blended course. Course will meet primarily online, but will have required in person dates. Check the class search for in person meeting dates and times.
Note: This course is offered in remote online format for Fall 2020. Please see the notes in the Class Search or Schedule Builder for specific details.
This course is designed to enable and empower students to apply health coaching skills in structures such as a private coaching business or an existing organization through discussion, reflection and writing. We will explore legal, ethical, and financial issues through visioning, marketing, strategic planning and energetic intending necessary to start and sustain a Health Coaching practice.
Note: this course has an additional course fee. Please check here for more information.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discern how to apply their health coaching knowledge and skills in a variety of service delivery venues or in a private health coaching practice.
- Apply the theory and practice of Health Coaching into a financially sustainable business model that is appropriate to their situation.
- Identify and discuss the issues around legal and/or ethical responsibilities, professional boundaries, including HC Bill of Rights, privacy issues, and licensure issues and describe the scope of practice as differentiated from other practices.
- Determine the skills necessary to establish and maintain an effective independent business, i.e., entrepreneurial skills, risk tolerance, time management, self-motivation, networking, etc.
- Identify and apply multiple ways of knowing in making decisions about your best business and professional directions.
- Apply material presented and write a basic business plan including:
1) Owner’s statement and description of business,
2) Marketing plan with SWOT analysis,
3) Financial section with projected start-up budget.