CSPH 5711 - Optimal Healing Environments
This is a blended course. Course will meet primarily online, but will have required in person dates. Check the class search for in person meeting dates and times.
Development/implementation of optimal healing environments. Evidence base supporting structural, architectural, human, and care processes. Emphasizes identifying models of optimal healing environments and leadership strategies that support diffusion of innovation.
- At the conclusion of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe contemporary models of optimal healing environments.
- Identify cultural variations in preferences for healing environments.
- Discuss the evidence base supporting structural and architectural design elements.
- Identify care and human processes that are aligned with optimal healing environments.
- Identify concepts and tools from complexity science that can be applied to the development, implementation and management of optimal healing environments.
- Compare and contrast different models of optimal healing environments.
- Discuss leadership strategies designed to facilitate the diffusion of innovation.
- Identify policy implications of creating optimal healing environments.
- Discuss emerging research agenda in optimal healing environments.