The Bakken Center for Spirituality & Healing offers an extraordinary array of educational topics in integrative healing and wellbeing. Our courses will open your eyes to a world of diverse cross-cultural healing and spiritual practices, and will deepen your understanding of integrative healthcare perspectives.
Our courses generally fall under one of the following focus areas:
Nourishing Minnesota provides resources to the public about the relationship between food and wellbeing. This initiative has made available a wide variety of recipes and fact sheets.
Ancient, interrelated healing traditions of medicine and yoga teach us how to create and maintain a healthy mind and body in order to live a yogic life and to develop optimal health.
Interdisciplinary Learning Opportunities
The Center offers many interdisciplinary learning opportunities. You may pursue our master’s degree in integrative health and wellbeing coaching, a certificate and/or graduate minor in integrative therapies and healing practices, or take courses for personal growth and professional development.
We also collaborate with other University of Minnesota colleges and departments to offer the following:
- Doctor of Nursing Practice in Integrative Health and Healing
- Bachelor of Individualized Studies: Concentration in Human Health and Wellness
- Inter-College Bachelor's Degree Program: Concentrations in Whole Systems Healing or Holistic Health and Healing; thematic degree in Health and Wellness
- Health Care Design and Innovation Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
- For-Credit Courses
- Degrees, Minor, and Certificates
- Focus Areas
- Whole Systems Healing
- Online Learning
- Scholarships and Student Opportunities
- Food Matters for Health Professionals CE Course