Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
Become a Hatha Yoga Instructor
The Center offers three academic courses in Hatha Yoga,a popular type of Yoga that combines Asana (postures), Pranayama (breath expansion), and relaxation. These courses are based on excercise science, Yogic philosophy, and scientific evidence.
Students who successfully complete these courses are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).
Three Course Sequence Includes:
- CSPH 4311: Foundations of Hatha Yoga: Alignment and Movement Principles (3 credits) - This course will introduce you to anatomical considerations that are critical to teaching safe, effective, Hatha Yoga Asana, Pranayma, and relaxation. In this course you will learn about gross anatomy, energy anatomy, movement, and effective teaching.
- CSPH 4312: Hatha Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics (3 credits) - In this course, you will learn about the nature, aim and extent of Yogic traditions and ethics in classical texts of Yoga. You will also understand how to apply this content in your life off the Yoga mat and as a Hatha Yoga teacher.
- CSPH 4313: Hatha Yoga Teaching Principles and Methodology (2 credits) - This course will provide you the opportunity to study communication and sequencing principles necessary for teaching Hatha Yoga classes. Using knowledge and skills gained during the first two Hatha Yoga courses, you will develop skills to teach Hatha Yoga Asana, Pranayama, and relaxation techniques.
These courses offer a high-quality, yog teacher training program in a resource-rich academic setting. Students interested in coursework, but not certification, are also encouraged to register.
For more information about Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, contact Katie Schuver.
- For-Credit Courses
- Degrees, Minor, and Certificates
- Focus Areas
- Whole Systems Healing
- Online Learning
- Scholarships and Student Opportunities