For Health Professions Students
In this exciting interdisciplinary travel program, you will travel to the Big Island of Hawaii and learn about integrative healing and wellbeing in a tropical setting. Topics include aromatherapy, indigenous Hawaiian healing, and Reiki.
2022 Dates To be Announced.
As a University of Minnesota health professional student, you understand that we all come from a unique cultural, biological and spiritual background. Whatever your perspective, it is the search for quality of life that is universal to all of us. At the Center for Spirituality & Healing, we promote health and wellbeing by blending the best of modern, conventional healthcare with integrative healing practices. We accomplish this by teaching healthcare professionals about interconnectedness of body-mind-spirit and the vital roles that world culture and spirituality play in achieving optimal health and wellbeing.
The Center is a national leader in the field of integrative therapies and healing practices through its education, research, and outreach efforts. And as a student in one of the Academic Health Center's six schools and colleges, you are uniquely positioned to benefit from some of the nation’s top educators and programs in this burgeoning field.
In fact, as patient demand for holistic approaches to care continues to grow, supplementing your knowledge with integrative medicine is a wise, career enhancing move.
Enhance your education with our courses. Depending on your program of enrollment, you may be able to enhance your degree with a Graduate Minor or Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Integrative Therapies and Healing Practices.
Top Picks for your Profession
Health Professional Master List
- CSPH 5101 - Introduction to Integrative Healing Practices Credits: 3
- CSPH 5102 - Art of Healing: Self as Healer Credits: 1
- CSPH 5111 - Ways of Thinking about Health Credits: 2
- CSPH 5115 - Cultural Awareness, Knowledge and Health Credits: 3
- CSPH 5118 - Whole Person, Whole Community: The Reciprocity of Wellbeing Credits: 3
- CSPH 5121 - Whole Systems Healing: Health and the Environment Credits: 2
- CSPH 5201 - Spirituality and Resilience Credits: 2
- CSPH 5212 - Peacebuilding Through Mindfulness: Transformative Dialogue in the Global Community Credits: 3
- CSPH 5215 - Forgiveness and Healing: A Journey Toward Wholeness Credits: 3
- CSPH 5225 - Meditation: Integrating Body and Mind Credits: 2
- CSPH 5226 - Advanced Meditation: Body, Brain, Mind, and Universe Credits: 1
- CSPH 5303 - Pain Management and Evidence Based Complementary Health Approaches Credits: 3
- CSPH 5305 - Introduction to Integrative Mental Health Credits: 2
- CSPH 5313: Acupressure Credits: 1
- CSPH 5315 - Traditional Tibetan Medicine: Ethics, Spirituality, and Healing Credits: 2
- CSPH 5317 - Yoga: Ethics, Spirituality, and Healing Credits: 2
- CSPH 5343 - Ayurveda Medicine: The Science of Self-healing Credits: 2
- CSPH 5401 - People, Plants, and Drugs: Introduction to Ethnopharmacology Credits: 3
- CSPH 5421 - Botanical Medicines in Integrative Healthcare Credits: 3
- CSPH 5431 - Functional Nutrition: An Expanded View of Nutrition, Chronic Disease, and Optimal Health Credits: 2
- CSPH 5503 - Fundamentals of Aromatherapy Credits: 1
- CSPH 5513 - Living Well, Dying Well: Empowering Communication at the End of Life Credits: 2
- CSPH 5535 - Reiki Healing Credits: 1
- CSPH 5536 - Reiki Healing II Credits: 1
- CSPH 5541 - Emotional Healing and Happiness: Eastern and Western Approaches to Transforming the Mind Credits: 2
- CSPH 5601 - Music, Health and Healing Credits: 2
- CSPH 5631 - Healing Imagery I Credits: 2
- CSPH 5641 - Animals in Health Care: The Healing Dimensions of Human/Animal Relationships Credits: 3
- CSPH 5642 - Nature Heals: An Introduction to Nature-Based Therapeutics Credits: 3
- CSPH 5643 - Horse as Teacher: Equine-Assisted Activities & Therapies (EAAT) Credits: 3
- CSPH 5706 - Lifestyle Medicine Credits: 2
- CSPH 5713 - Health Coaching for Health Professionals * approved 1Health IPE activity Credits: 2
- CSPH 5806 - Wellbeing and Resiliency for Health Professionals Credits: 1
- CSPH 5807 - Mindfulness in the Workplace Credits: 2
- CSPH 5905 - Food Matters: Cook Like Your Life Depends On It * approved 1Health IPE activity Credits: 1