Health Coaching Track
Health coaching is a rewarding field of study that will allow you to work directly with people to help increase their wellbeing.
All Health Coaching courses are taught in a blended delivery format, requiring physical presence on campus twice a semester, with the remaining content delivered online.
Twenty (20) semester credits are required to complete this certificate track. It is not possible to complete this certificate track fully online. CSPH 5701 (fall only) & CSPH 5702 (spring only) have in person requirements twice a semester. Required courses are:
- CSPH 5101 Introduction to Integrative Healing Practices (3 credits)
- CSPH 5701 Fundamentals of Health Coaching I (4 credits)*
- CSPH 5702 Fundamentals of Health Coaching II (4 credits)*
- CSPH 5703 Advanced Health Coaching Practicum (3 credits)
- CSPH 5704 Business of Health Coaching (2 credits)
- CSPH 5705 Professional Internship in Health Coaching (2 credits)
- CSPH 5706 Lifestyle Medicine (2 credits)*
*Available to non-certificate students with instructor permission
CSPH 5101 and CSPH 5706 may be completed prior to entering the program as a graduate non-degree seeking student or while enrolled in another master, doctoral or professional level program at the University of Minnesota. Students must be admitted to the program before completing the core health coaching courses CSPH 5701, 5702, 5703, 5704, 5705. A maximum of 3 credits may be counted in common between two University Certificate programs.
For more information about how to enroll as a non-degree seeking student, please contact Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For class descriptions visit our Courses page.
Dates & Deadlines
Fall 2022 Deadlines
- Priority Deadline February 1, 2022
- Final Deadline March 15, 2022
To Contact Us
Contact Christina at email@example.com for more information.
- For-Credit Courses
- Degrees, Minor, and Certificates
- Focus Areas
- Whole Systems Healing
- Online Learning
- Scholarships and Student Opportunities
- Continuing Education
- Student Wellbeing Guide