Interested in pursing a certificate in Health Coaching? To apply, please read the application instructions below. For assistance with your application, please contact Christina in Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Requirements for Certificate: You must be either a healthcare professional, currently enrolled in a health professional graduate program, a board-certified chaplain with three years in a health care setting, or have a non-health care bachelor’s degree with work or life experience in a health-related area. A minimum of a completed bachelors degree (terminal degree may be including, but not limited to, such fields as medicine, nursing, psychology, nutrition, Traditional Chinese Medicine, chiropractic medicine, naturopathic medicine, pharmacy, social work, public health, healthcare administration) with a GPA of 3.0 is mandatory.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2019 priority consideration deadline and March 15, 2019 final deadline for Fall semester admission. Late applications will not be considered. However, you may contact Christina in Student Services at email@example.com to discuss options for completing prerequisites and certain coursework prior to entering the program in Fall 2019.
2. Complete University of Minnesota online application. You will need to create a username and password to complete the application. You may log in and save as often as you wish to complete the various application sections before the final submission and application fee payment.
a. Upload the following to the online application:
Please note that the online application is a general application that covers many programs. Please follow these guidelines when you write your statement and upload materials (rather than the general guidelines found in the online application). Fill out all fields marked as required in each section of the application. In addition, the items listed below are the only items our program requires for upload.
i. Current CV or vocational history including a chronological listing of positions held as well as a brief statement about your current employment. Be sure to include relevant volunteer work. Upload in "supplementary info" or “resume” section of application
ii. A three-five page personal statement focusing on what led to your interest in health coaching as a professional activity, and a description of your interest in and experience with holistic integrative health and healing. Please include a statement about what hopes and expectations you have of the Health Coaching Certificate or Master’s program. Include a statement about when prerequisite coursework will be completed if it has not already been. Upload in the "Statement #1" section of application. No other statements (diversity, writing sample, etc) are required by our program.
b. Use the online application to indicate the names and emails of three recommenders. An automated email will be sent to each asking that they fill out an evaluation form and upload a letter of recommendation.
i. Letters should be from people who know you in a professional capacity. At least one letter should be from an academic source if possible and one from an employer/supervisor.
c. Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts to the application program. Official copies will be required before you begin the program, but unofficial copies are required in the meantime for application review.
3. Submit application and pay application fee ($75 US/permanent resident or $95 International). Be sure you have completed all required sections of the online application before submitting. No further changes may be made after submission. You will receive an email from the Graduate School Admissions office confirming receipt of your application. If you are missing any required documentation it will be addressed in the response.
4. You will be notified if you have been selected to interview with members of the admissions committee after you have submitted your application. Interviews will begin in mid-January.
5. After your application is reviewed by the Center for Spirituality & Healing faculty admissions committee, decisions will be forwarded to the Graduate School for final approval. The Graduate School will notify you directly of the admission decision.
6. If you have further questions requiring individual clarification, please contact Christina in Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates & Deadlines
FALL 2020 DEADLINE EXTENDED - July 15, 2020
To Contact Us
Contact Student Services at email@example.com for more information.
- For-Credit Courses
- Degrees, Minor, and Certificates
- Focus Areas
- Whole Systems Healing
- Online Learning
- Scholarships and Student Opportunities
- Continuing Education