Instructions for Your Practice of LovingKindness Meditation
- Click here to visit YouTube and listen to the LovingKindness audio meditation. (See instructions below for creating a quick link to this meditation on your mobile device)
- Once a day, find a comfortable position either sitting or lying down and listen to the 10 minute meditation.
- To achieve the maximum benefit of this practice, daily practice is important.
- Thank you for participating in this study.
Add an Icon Link to the LovingKindness Meditation on Your Mobile Device
For speed and convenience, consider adding an icon link to the Lovingkindness meditation to your cell phone — no app-downloading required. Visual instructions are below, or you may read the step-by-step instructions below:
- Using Safari on your iPhone or iPad, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db2ozRJq86k&feature=youtu.be
- When the page has finished loading, select the "Share" button, which appears at the bottom of the iPhone screen and the top of the tablet screen.
- Select the option "Add to Homescreen." Another screen will appear where you may type in a name for the Lovingkindness icon. When you are ready, tap the "Add" button in the top right corner of the screen.
Any time want to access the meditation, simply tap the icon on your homescreen.
- Using Google Chrome on your smartphone, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db2ozRJq86k&feature=youtu.be
- When the page has finished loading, select the “Menu” button, and select from the options "Add to Home Screen."
- You may rename the icon if you'd like. When you are ready, tap the "Add" button.
Now you are able to access the meditation by simply tapping the icon on your homescreen.
What is LovingKindness Meditation?
LovingKindness meditation is a way to cultivate kindness towards ourselves and others. It involves mentally sending goodwill to others by silently repeating a series of phrases.