Certificate in Integrative Therapies & Healing Practices
With increasing student and practitioner interest in exploring culture, spirituality and healing options including the use of integrative therapies, the Center offers a post-baccalaureate Certificate in Integrative Therapies & Healing Practices. This innovative, interdisciplinary graduate program enables students to acquire advanced knowledge and skills to enhance their professional careers, their own lives as well as the lives of their patients.
Students can individualize coursework and focus on an area of interest:
- Health Coaching
- Clinical applications – including botanical medicine, mind/body interventions, music and essential oils
- Leadership in Optimal Healing Environments
- Nature-Based Therapeutics
Benefits of our Graduate Certificate:
- Individualized program-based unique learning needs
- Flexible scheduling options/formats including online and distance learning
- Faculty: world class researchers, teachers and clinicians
- Community-based learning within healthcare institutions and community organizations
Individuals who already have a graduate-level degree or who are unsure whether or not they want to pursue a graduate degree will be able to enroll in the program and receive an official certificate from the University of Minnesota. Then, should participants decide to continue their studies, certificate credits may transfer to a masters or doctoral program.
The Bakken Center's certificate is a graduate-level program. It can be completed concurrently with another graduate program or completed independently.
Twelve (12) semester credits are required to complete the certificate. It is possible to complete all coursework online. Required Courses are:
- CSPH 5101 Introduction to Integrative Healing Practices (3 credits) and
- CSPH 5102 Art of Healing: Self as Healer (1 credit) OR CSPH 5806 Wellbeing and Resiliency for Health Professionals (1 credit)
Students are encouraged to choose the remaining credits from courses consistent with their academic training and professional goals. A faculty advisor will work with the student in designing a program plan that accommodates the student’s unique learning objectives. To earn the certificate, students must complete all 12 credits, including the two required courses, with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
For class descriptions visit our Courses page.
Dates & Deadlines
FALL 2021 DEADLINE - March 15, 2021
To Contact Us
Contact Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- For-Credit Courses
- Degrees, Minor, and Certificates
- Focus Areas
- Whole Systems Healing
- Online Learning
- Scholarships and Student Opportunities
- Continuing Education